Primo is Here! We are currently updating our guides. Thank you for your patience.
Legislative history can be helpful in determining the legislative intent or the purpose of a bill or an act. It can be used to clarify meaning when the language of a law is ambiguous. It may also help the researcher understand why certain words or phrases were included or omitted in a law by the legislature.
Washington legislative history may be located in a variety of ways depending on what the researcher is seeking, what resources are available to the researcher and what information has already been obtained.
Table of Contents - Washington Legislative History Research
- Revised Code of Washington (RCW)
- Laws of Washington
- Final Legislative Report
- Washington State Legislature’s Website
- Legislative Digest and History of Bills of the Senate and House of Representatives
- Journal of the House and Journal of the Senate
- Audio and Video Archives
- Washington State Archives
- The Legislative Process and Accompanying Documents
- Other Guides on Washington Legislative History